How to Secure my Linksys Router with a Password
Linksys routers are one of the most recommended and reliable wireless networks around the world. By setting the security of your Linksys router you can avoid the breaching of your wireless network. Thus, by selecting these security options, you can built-in network security. So, now the question is how to secure my Linksys router with a password?
Follow the below steps for Secure Linksys Router with Strong Password:
- Step 1 – Open a Web browser, type “192.168.1.1” (without the quotes) into the address field and press “Enter.”
- Step 2 – Type “admin” into the Password field. Leave the User Name field blank. Click “OK.”
- Step 3 – Select “Administration” from the main menu. Enter a new password into the Router Password field and re-enter it in the confirmation field.
- Step 4 – Click “Save Settings” to assign a password to the Linksys router.
- Step 5 – Click “Wireless” and select “Wireless Security.” Select the “Security Mode” drop-down menu and choose “WPA2-Personal.”
- Step 6 – Create a secure passphrase. All workstations connecting to the network will need to enter this passphrase when logging in for the first time.
- Step 7 – Click “Save Settings” to assign a password to the network.
Here are Tips while setting your password:
- The password must be between eight and 63 characters.
- The password and the passphrase are both case-sensitive.
- On some models, you may need to use “admin” for the username as well to log in to the router.